Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering of friends and family or an all-out bash, your baby’s first birthday celebration is bound to be special – at least for you and the other adults and older kids in his life!
Yes, a first birthday party is really for parents and their guests. Your baby won’t remember this party and may even be overwhelmed by it. But that doesn’t mean you can’t all have fun.
- Here are a few tips to make your baby’s first birthday party less tiresome and more fun: Have somewhere clean, handy, and well-equipped for diaper changing.
- Breastfeeding moms may appreciate somewhere quiet and private to nurse.
- It’s crawling, walking, and climbing time – safety gates and other childproofing devices are essential.
- Stow away precious ornaments and breakables.
- Keep pets well out of the way (for their own protection!).
- Keep a watchful eye on the party area for hazards, such as forks and small swallowable objects, and clear them away quickly.
- Babies will play alongside each other, not together, so keep a variety of toys available within a large, safe floor space.
- Relax – let your baby and her guests set the pace.
- Make sure you have a willing volunteer to take plenty of photos and videos. You may be too busy, and you don’t want to miss those shots of your baby digging into her first birthday cake!