We have said Goodbye to 2018 and Welcomed the New-year 2019 with Love The holiday season is already over , many people are indulging in retrospection and reevaluating some of their life choices. New Year’s resolutions are the perfect opportunity for all those who have failed to start making the changes that they said they would make next week, next month, or perhaps when winter starts.
Well, now’s your chance to sit down and prepare a list of important lifestyle changes you want to make, and being the charitable and caring bunch that we are here at Lifehack, we’ve decided to give you a bit of help – because since the majority of people fail to stick to their resolution, you’ll need all the help you can get.
1. Get in shape: Losing weight is the top resolution for Canadians and combined with “exercise more” and “stay fit and healthy” it is something that over 35% wishes to achieve. It’s easy enough to start an exercise and diet program, but the trick is to find a decent one that will give you steady results and will be easy to stick to in the long run.
2. Start eating healthier food, and less food overall: This is usually an extension of the previous resolution. Switching to a healthier diet can be incredibly tricky when we are surrounded by cheap junk food. However, with a good amount of determination and some basic tips you can slowly develop healthier eating habits. Learn to control emotional eating be aware of reasons for variety of diets to fail
3. Stop procrastinating: The biggest barrier that keeps most people from reaching their goals is the desire to relax and do something fun instead of working hard. Once you get used to procrastinating it’s difficult to snap yourself out of it, so you’ll need to put in a lot of work to change this bad habit.
4. Improve your concentration and mental skills: People have been trying to find ways to improve their focus and cognitive capacities for thousands of years, and most ancient civilizations had some methods of Relaxation Such as Deep breathing,Meditation, Mindfulness etc
5. Meet new people: When we get stuck in a rut, we usually end up staying at home most of the time, missing out on a lot of interesting opportunities for networking and having fun. Meeting new people can be beneficial to your mental well-being so don’t be afraid to get out there and make some friends. Overcome your Shyness
6. Become more active: Some people don’t really have a big weight problem, and they even get some exercise a few times a week, but they just sit around the most of the time at home and at work, which can have a negative effect on their posture and health. In that case, all you need is to find ways to move around more throughout the day instead of staying hunched over the computer
7. Become more confident and take some chances: If you are confident other people notice it, and it is much easier to have your opinions heard, ask people out on dates and get ahead at work A good dose of self-confidence will help you lead a much happier life overall.
8 Become more polite: Good manners have always been Crucial for Success They make it easier to connect with others, avoid offending people and will ensure that others perceive you as a good and trustworthy person. Learn to deal with Rude People in the right way and learn how to say No
9 Reduce stress: They say that stress is one of the biggest killers out there, and it can have a very destructive effect on your relationships as well as your health. It may be an unavoidable side effect of our hectic modern lifestyles, but it can be effectively managed with a balanced Life Approch
10 Learn to be happier with your life: Even those that are in decent shape, make a good living and have stress under control can still be Un happy It takes time and patience to learn how to find joy in the little things and not to Let Problem bring You down
11 Get more quality sleep: With big TV’s, computers, smartphones, tablets and all sorts of gadgets with glowing lights and beeping alerts, it can be hard to get enough sleep at night. You should be gunning for at least 7 hours of sleep at night
12 Read more: Books are an excellent way to gain a lot of knowledge on a huge variety of topics, and are also a great exercise for your brain. It’s not that difficult to go through at Least one book a month
13 Learn how to dress with style: The way you dress can say a lot about you, and wearing the right clothes can make you seem powerful and Confident which in turn can help you get
14 Aim to quit drinking altogether: If you cannot quit then Less is better Also Stop Smoking all together
15 Get out of debt: You can’t really move forward in life if you are weighed down by debt. The road to financial freedom is a rocky one, but it is definitely Possible to achieve it with Planning & Self Restrant
16 Start saving money: Once you have your debt under control, it’s time to start putting some money aside. A rainy day fund and some extra money that can go towards traveling abroad, fixing up the house or buying a new car are a welcome change of pace.
17 Learn a new language: Not only will learning a new language help improve your communication skills, it will also look great on your resume and possibly open up some doors for you. It keeps our brain Active and Prevents Dementia
18 Volunteer and give more to charity: To devote your time and energy to helping those in need helps you in return to be more Compassionate and Successful
19 Learn more about art, music, culture etc.: The best way to fit in when talking to a variety of people from different backgrounds Canada is Multicultural where Ethnic Diversity Prevails. It is good to have a well rounded Education Topics like music, history and culture often baffle people, but they can be easy to comprehend if you spend enough time learning about them
20 Spend less time on social media: Some people might not spend hours in front of the TV, or playing video games, but Social Media has become a serious Addition among a wide range of demographics. It’s fine to stay in touch with friends and family with Personal Visits
These are the Top 10 Wishes people have in Canada Every Year
-Exercise more (38 per cent)
-Lose weight (33 per cent)
-Eat more healthily (32 per cent) 4
-Take a more active approach to health (15 per cent)
-Learn new skill or hobby (15 per cent)
-Spend more time on personal wellbeing (12 per cent) 4Spend more time with family and friends (12 per cent)
-Drink less alcohol (12 per cent)
-Stop smoking (9 per cent)
-Other (1 per cent)
At the end of the day it is going to be your own way and methods to Achieve your goals. Learn from Mistakes and Try Again
Re Train Your Mind & Associate with Positive People
Good Luck Happy New Year 2019
Dr. Pargat Singh Bhurji
MD,FRCP ( C ) Consultant Pediatrician Surrery BC